HomeRunner is a computer software program that turns any image file
(photos, drawings, graphics, etc.) into an interactive on-screen display. Although designed
for touch screen computers, it can be installed on any computer and easily controlled with a mouse.
HomeRunner lets you use image files (.jpeg, .gif, .bmp) for backgrounds and control buttons
to create impressive custom user interfaces. You can even download your favorite skins from the
internet and turn them into functional control surfaces in minutes!
For the ultimate in home control convenience, use a floor plan as the background for your main
screen, and photos of each room and area of your home as backgrounds for your control screens. Place
transparent "control spots" over each device in the photos you want to control. Add graphic
control buttons to access frequently used functions such as lighting scenes, security, A/V,
thermostat, etc. (Button images can be selected from the built-in library, downloaded from
the internet or created from scratch.)
Version 1.2 Released on March 20, 2007 - (Requires WebX firwmare version 2.6h or higher)
Version 1.2 New Features Include:
Version 1.1 New Features Include:
- New "Web Buttons" to allow live or static HTML content to be displayed as a button
- Instant status updates via UDP to immediately indicate changes in device status
- Commands can be remotely executed (via UDP) from other HomeRunner instances or from Stargate
- Animated gif files can be used for button images to indicate the on state of a device (fans, coffeemaker, etc.).
- Variable values can be displayed above, below or within a button as well as values for thermostat (temperature), analog inputs, digital inputs (On/Off), flags (set/clear/idle) and relays (On/Off).
- HomeRunner buttons can be programmed to launch any application. Place a "TV Guide" button on your HomeRunner tv control screen to open Internet Explorer to a tv listings website.
- Multiple buttons can be edited as a group, allowing font characteristics, button image, size, placement, etc. to be adjusted simultaneously.